Posted December 2, 2018
Banquet Kitchen Dishwasher
Summary of Position:
The Dishwasher is responsible for keeping all cleanable items clean and maintaining the cleanliness of the work areas including ballroom kitchen, hospitality kitchen, loading dock and stewarding areas.
- Clean all plate ware, flatware, pots, pans, glassware, baking equipment, utensils, and silverware are cleaned on a daily basis according to specific operating procedures.
- Maintain floors in stewarding area by sweeping and mopping as needed or requested.
- Maintain floor drains.
- Keep all equipment operating effectively by ensuring it is clean and in good working order, complying with health department regulations.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment such as fryers, broilers, slicers, and conveyer line belts.
- Prepare and assist in actual service of functions as needed.
- Assist in transportation of all off property functions, transporting dishes to hot boxes.
- Clean kettles, tilt skillets, pots, and pans promptly and completely to allow cooks to complete their job functions.
- Other supportive functions as determined by the Supervisor, Stewarding manager or Kitchen Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Dish Room experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County food service worker card.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform duties within varying temperatures of the ballroom kitchen.
- Ability to use strong kitchen cleaning products in order to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to grasp, lift, and/or carry or otherwise push goods on a cart (max. weight up to 200 lbs.) and to use all equipment; i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, to perform all essential functions.
- Ability to reach, lift, stoop, and stand on a continuous basis in order to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to operate and clean all kitchen equipment.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to provide requisitions as needed or specified by a supervisor.
- Ability to lift and transport heavy equipment.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively English language to communicate with other associates.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.