Posted April 23, 2019
Housekeeping Lead Houseperson
Summary of Position:
The Lead Houseperson is responsible for supervising, directing, disciplining and assisting staff to complete their assignments.
- Visually inspect all areas of the resort for general cleanliness including all walkways, public areas, guest suites and the back of the house.
- Supervise all duties performed by Housepersons to ensure that their duties are performed to Resort Standards of Cleanliness and Quality.
- Supervise the training and performance of all Housepersons.
- Participate in the completion of daily project assignments, maintain par inventory and deliver guest requests as required.
- Communicate with Housekeeping Office, Property Operations, Housepersons and Suite Attendants to ensure all areas with challenges are addressed and completed before the end of the shift.
- Perform office functions to prepare work assignments, organize project assignments and agendas for Houseperson.
- Report all suspicious persons, activities or hazardous conditions to Security.
- Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and associates.
- Organization of laundry facilities in Camelback, Sedona, Mountainside and Villas.
- Other duties as assigned by Housekeeping and Resort management.
Experience: Previous carpet cleaning and floor care experience required.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with other associates as well as guests.
- Ability to read and write basic English in order to effectively complete required documentation.
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
- Must have the ability to exercise good judgment and control over the performance of team members.
- Must be comfortable with the use of computers and willing to train on the necessary programs required for the inputting, organizing and printing of information required by the position.
- Knowledge of use of carpet cleaners and floor care machines for use in rooms and hallways.
- Behaves ethically.
- Leads by example.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, general knowledge of the English language required.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review.)