Posted January 23, 2019
Garde Manger Supervisor
Summary of Position:
The Garde Manger Supervisor is responsible for preparing salads, fruits, dressings and cold dishes in a consistent manner to maintain quality standards. This position also supervises cold kitchen cooks and assists with daily production sheets, schedules and Event Orders in the absence of the Garde Manger Chef.
- Supervise and assist in daily production.
- Assist and offer insight regarding scheduling levels based upon business forecast.
- Responsible for consistency of all food products in cold kitchen, as well as creation of and adherence to standardized recipes.
- Check all counts and weights on items prepared. Ensure quality standards are maintained by visual inspection of fruits, vegetables and meats used. Rotate fruits and vegetables properly to maintain freshness.
- Keep work area clean at all times. Keep walk-in refrigerator, prep area and equipment up to Maricopa County Environmental Health Division standards.
- Follow proper storage procedures for product inside and outside of walk-in refrigerator before and after product is prepared.
- Learn cooking times and temperatures for use in accordance with Maricopa County Environmental health Division and Resort standards.
- Assist in creation of daily production sheets as well as organization of Event Orders.
- This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the allotment of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the resort.
- Perform any general cleaning using hotel-cleaning products as instructed by supervisor in adherence to Maricopa County Health Division standards.
- Assist Garde Manger Chef in daily duties as needed.
- Lead production schedules in the absence of the Garde Manger Chef.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Team Members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort.
Upon employment, all Team Members are required to fully comply with Arizona Grand Resort’s rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of the Resort’s facilities. Team Members who violate resort rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to, and including termination of employment.
Education: Any combination of education, training or experience that provides required knowledge, skills and abilities. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Must have working knowledge of basic cold food preparation and sanitation standards as well as the operation of kitchen equipment. Cold food preparation experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use abrasive cleaning products.
- Ability to understand the English language.
- Ability to stoop, grasp, lift, carry or otherwise move or push goods on a hand cart weighing up to 200 pounds.
- Sufficient hand-eye coordination and dexterity for proper use all kitchen equipment.
- Ability to work standing up for long periods of time in a confined space.
- Ability to work within extreme temperature ranges.
- Ability to reach prep table in order to perform essential functions.
- Ability to write food prep sheets and produce requisitions in the absence of the Garde Manger Chef.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with other employees and guests.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).