Posted November 24, 2018Part Time
Lobby Grill Hostperson
The Lobby Grill’s casual atmosphere and contemporary comfort cuisine makes it one of Phoenix’s favorite places to kick-back and relax!
Summary of Position:
The Hostperson is responsible for greeting and escorting guests to tables in the restaurant while maintaining a courteous and efficient dining room operation.
- Meet and greet guests as they arrive to the restaurant, offer choice of seating, and escort them to their table.
- Conduct a daily “roll call” meeting to share current promotions, daily specials, guest comments, daily events, and pertinent memos.
- Receive, record, and make any necessary arrangements for reservations and special functions in the restaurant.
- Answer phones in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Other functions as assigned by management to include, but not limited to, carrying coffee and/or tea pots throughout restaurant, refilling guests cups, cleaning windows, clean menus, check restrooms, etc.
Education: High School Diploma preferred.
Experience: Restaurant experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card, CPR/First Aid certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general restaurant operations to include appropriate staffing levels, service equipment, and guest relations.
- Ability to memorize and recite menu items.
- Ability to effectively resolve customer complaints and concerns in a friendly, positive manner.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with guests, interpret event documents, and conduct employee meetings.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).