Posted January 23, 2019
Summary of Position:
Landscape Maintenance is responsible for maintaining landscaped Resort areas to provide a pleasant environment for guests.
- Safely operate equipment including mowers and trimmers and other implements.
- Maintain overall property cleanliness.
- Clean up and trim trees, shrubs, and flowers.
- Hand water plants, as necessary.
- Adjust and repair sprinkler system.
- Plant trees, shrubs, and flowers.
- Maintain shop cleanliness.
- Maintain equipment.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Foreperson, Manager, Director of Property Operations and/or the General Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 1 year landscaping experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record. License checks will be conducted periodically.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to fully operate landscaping cart & abide by all safety rules established by the Arizona Grand Resort.
- Ability to work during adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to understand and communicate repair challenges.
- Ability to lift, push and pull heavy items (10-90 lbs.).
- Knowledge of equipment and tools used in landscaping including sprinkler systems.
- General knowledge of trees, shrubs, and flowers.
- Ability to operate equipment and tools used in landscaping.
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, and kneel for extended periods.
- Ability to tolerate different weather conditions (90% of time spent outdoors).
- Excellent in verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to listen, effectively accomplish task, and speak clearly.
- Behaves ethically.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner.
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.