Posted January 23, 2019
Summary of Position:
Function as a liaison between bakery management and line staff to assist in and coordinate bakery production.
- Work closely with pastry supervisor to assist with training and developing the staff in all areas of bakery production. Support wherever possible.
- Prepare properly and direct the preparation of common to complex level bakery products. Prepare various baked goods according to specification.
- Maintain daily production and cleaning schedules.
- Effectively focus efforts to help maintain the established standards of sanitation, safety and food quality.
- Assist the Executive Pastry Chef in the training, and continuing cross training, of the bakery staff in order to enhance individual skill levels.
- Perform various tasks as necessary, such as cleaning and properly storing equipment, to contribute to a clean and safe work environment.
Experience: 3+ years working in similar size operation .
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker Card.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The ability to read, understand and work from E.O’s (event orders) in order to discern production requirements and plan accordingly.
- The ability to grasp, lift, and/or carry, using proper equipment, products weighing up to 200lbs.
- Ability to work in confined areas at extreme temperatures.
- Ability to stand, reach and stoop in order to perform the essential duties.
- Basic mathematical skills sufficient enough to understand recipe production and conversion.
- Possesses the ability to comprehend and communicate effectively in English, both written and orally.
- Behaves ethically
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).