Posted November 26, 2018
Summary of Position:
The Pastry 2 is responsible for producing pastry products, fabricating pastry stock, and assisting with plate-ups and buffet preparation.
- Be adept at the production of basic mixtures, recipes and products through complex methods of desserts and pastry production.
- Prepare properly and consistently such items as creams, icings, mousses, sauces, fillings, dough’s and batters with little or no supervision.
- Fabricate or assemble most cakes for stock and production with some higher finishing work capabilities.
- Produce a wide variety of pastries, cookies, hot and cold desserts.
- Decorate with chocolate.
- Prepare all products ensuring optimal quality and visually appealing products.
- Properly store, package and handle all bakery products with regard to maintaining optimal quality.
- Mark, date and rotate all bakery products according to existing standards.
- Maintain production and cleaning schedules.
- Work with all staff and packers to help properly organize, condense and package bakery products prepared for banquets and also off property deliveries.
- And perform all other duties as assigned by the Executive Pastry Chef, Executive Chef and/or the General Manager.
Education: High school diploma or graduation equivalent required
Experience: One to two years of pastry experience in a similar size operation required.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of baking and pastry production.
- Ability to work in confined spaces at extreme temperatures.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry, move and/or push products up to 200 pounds.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized work space, maintaining important documents pertinent to job.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review.)