Posted November 26, 2018
Summary of Position:
The Suite Attendant is responsible for cleaning and stocking guest suites to meet Resort standards of cleanliness
- Clean bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters and floor surfaces using cloths, mops, sponges, brushes and/or 3M cleaning agents.
- Strip and make beds and sofa beds, change bed linens which may require lifting bedspreads.
- Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, (inside and out door thresholds and shelves thoroughly).
- Push and pull vacuum throughout entire suite and empty trash.
- Replenish amenities, linens and supplies in guest suite.
- Sweep balconies.
- Sign for retrieving room keys and turn in keys at the end of shift.
- Retrieve, push, and restock heavy cart.
- Respond, in a timely manner, to guest requests for items such as an iron, safety instructions, assistance, directions and/or information.
- Report all suspicious persons, activities or hazardous conditions to Security.
- Turn in all items found in associate’s working area to the resort lost and found, items i.e., jewelry, watches, etc. and immediately call the Housekeeping Department.
- And any other assignments given by the Housekeeping Management Team, Housekeeping Coordinators and Resort Management Team.
Experience: Minimum 1 year of Suite Attendant/room cleaning experience preferred
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms over head to perform cleaning tasks and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other associates as well as guests.
- Ability to follow directions and meet deadlines including the thorough cleaning of a minimum of 16 rooms as specified by management.
- Ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels and instructions and basic guest requests.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, general knowledge of the English language required.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).