Posted January 28, 2019
Summary of Position:
The Pastry 1 position is responsible for assisting in producing pastry products and working closely with the pastry lead to maintain standards and consistency throughout the department.
- Train and mentor new pastry associates on all pastry cook production.
- Prepare icings, butter creams, and fillings to be used in the decoration of cakes and pastries.
- Decorate cakes and pastries to include wedding cakes, special occasion cakes, desserts cakes, pastries and confections.
- Assist the lead pastry person in the production and execution of all daily functions, events and controls.
- Maintain, clean and keep a safe work area.
- Maintain daily production and cleaning schedules.
- Train and develop skills to become lead pastry in the future.
- Other supportive functions as determined by the supervisor.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Experience: Two years pastry experience in a similar size operation required.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of baking and pastry production including the ability to produce flowers out of icing and arrange them attractively on cakes.
- Ability to be creative and imaginative to create customized designs but also flexible enough to couple other examples requested by clients.
- Ability to work in confined spaces at extreme temperatures.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry, move, or push products up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods at a time.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with other employees and guests.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review.)