Posted March 29, 2019
General Maintenance II
Summary of Position:
The General Maintenance II position is responsible for responding to guest needs and department requests to maintain the entire facility. This involves performing a variety of tasks and trades.
- Respond to guest challenges and requests throughout the resort, making necessary repairs and/or accommodating the guest’s needs.
- Work with other departments to perform repairs as requested.
- Maintain all inspection and log sheets to guarantee preventative maintenance was completed.
- Visually inspect and diagnose problems, making repairs as necessary or as instructed by supervisors.
- Maintain inventory of supplies to perform job functions.
- Report major repair items or items that cannot be repaired to management within Property Operations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the manager(s)/director(s) of Property Operations and/or the General Manager.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Experience with all maintenance trades required.
Certificates or Licenses: EPA Universal Certification, valid Driver’s License with a clean motor vehicle record
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all maintenance trades including electrical, plumbing, water chemistry, and natural gas properties as well as the related use of hand and power tools.
- Minimum of 1 year working knowledge of HVAC
- Skills in the use of related tools including hand and power tools
- Mathematical skills necessary to perform job duties
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and push and pull objects weighing up to 100 pounds, carry objects up to 50 pounds
- Ability to walk around a large Resort for the majority of the work period
- Ability to climb ladders and work at height up to 30 feet for extended periods
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Behaves ethically
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.