Posted November 30, 2018Part Time
Summary of Position:
Responsible for providing the best possible service and advice to guests and clients regarding their styling needs.
- •Consult and advise clients on hair care and styling options.
- Responsible for staying up to date with the latest styles and latest cuts.
- Able to successfully perm hair, color hair, cut hair, etc.
- Able to successfully answer phones and book appointments.
- Able to maintain organized customer and accounting files.
- Able to communicate any VIP’s or guest challenges anticipated at the start of each day.
- Responsible for professionally handling guest challenges including, but not limited to, billing, service complaints, etc.
- Responsible for knowledge of all service menu items, pricing and other services provided at the Spa & Salon.
- Abide by and enforce all policies, procedures, and standards.
- Able to perform departmental daily tasks as assigned.
- Abide by all state and federal laws and regulations as well as Health Codes.
- Adhere to grooming and uniform standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Athletic Club, Spa& Salon management and/or the General Manager.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, with the allotment of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the resort.
- Assist manager in daily tasks.
- Attend regular salon meetings.
Education: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Experience: 5 years of experience is preferred
Certificates or Licenses: Current State of Arizona Cosmetology License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Arizona Grand Resort believes that each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. Individuals must possess and demonstrate the ability to interact with all guests, internal and external, effectively with tact and diplomacy in line with Arizona Grand Resort’s service standards.
- Advance specialized training a plus.
- Experience with all types of hair care.
- Retail sales experience.
- Communication in English.
- Listening and evaluating with ability to reach a decision based on client needs.
- Behaves ethically.
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized work space, maintain important documents pertinent to position.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.