Summary of Position:
The Room Attendant is responsible for cleaning and stocking guest rooms to meet Resort standards of cleanliness
Essential Functions :
- Clean bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters and floor surfaces using cloths, mops, sponges, brushes and/or 3M cleaning agents.
- Strip and make beds and sofa beds, change bed linens which may require lifting bedspreads
- Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, (inside and out door thresholds and shelves thoroughly).
- Push and pull vacuum throughout entire suite and empty trash.
- Replenish amenities, linens and supplies in guest suite.
- Sweep balconies
- Sign for room keys,
- Retrieve, push, and restock heavy cart.
- Respond, in a timely manner, to guest requests for items such as an iron, safety instructions, assistance, directions and/or information
- Report all suspicious persons, activities or hazardous conditions to Manager/Manager on Duty
- Turn in all items found in associate’s working area to the resort lost and found, items i.e., jewelry, watches, etc. and immediately call the Housekeeping Department
Experience: Minimum 1 year of Suite Attendant/room cleaning experience preferred; will train
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs
- Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms over head to perform cleaning tasks and work in confined spaces
- Ability to communicate effectively with other associates as well as guests
- Ability to follow directions and meet deadlines including the thorough cleaning of a minimum of 16 rooms as specified by management
- Ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels and instructions and basic guest requests
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, general knowledge of the English language required
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
- Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort and Spa
The Scott Resort & Spa leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create memorable experiences, inviting our guests to return. In order to be successful at The Scott, team members must share both our vision and our values. This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly and HEARTfelt employees treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.