Posted December 5, 2018
Room Service Receptionist
Summary of Position:
The Room Service Order Taker is responsible for answering the telephone and obtaining the guest orders for Room Service in a timely fashion with impeccable service ensuring the standards of Room Service and the Resort are maintained. Completing all side duties, amenity set ups, and other job requirements as directed by management on a daily basis are a prerequisite to ensure standards are being met.
- Using telephone standard etiquette to obtain guest orders and assist the external guests as well as the internal guest in a timely fashion with impeccable service, maintaining Room Service standards.
- Utilize the Springer Miller computer as it relates to Room Service including but not limited to inquiries, billing, credit card authorization, and messages.
- Handle bank audits, cash drops, tracking gratuities, and balancing paperwork.
- Administrative duties as requested by management using word perfect, word excel, and possessing basic computer skills.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Education: High School Diploma preferred.
Experience: Prior bartending experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Handlers card and Arizona Alcohol Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all menu items, pricing , and other services provided by Room Service.
- General knowledge of Resort outlets.
- Ability to greet guests in a courteous manner.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Knowledge of and ability to abide by and enforce Maricopa County Health Food regulation and state, federal, and corporate liquor regulations.
- Ability to listen, effectively accomplish task, and speak clearly.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).