Posted December 6, 2018
Lobby Grill Assistant Manager
The Lobby Grill’s casual atmosphere and contemporary comfort cuisine makes it one of Phoenix’s favorite places to kick-back and relax!
Summary of Position:
The Assistant Restaurant Manager, in conjunction with the other Lobby Grill & Bar Managers, is responsible for coordinating the activities of the restaurant’s staff and to deliver quality product and service to restaurant customers
- Select, train, direct, schedule, coach and counsel restaurant staff for the efficient operation of the outlets.
- Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings, communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes.
- Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services.
- Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties.
- Answer telephones in a clear voice, coordinate and document reservations.
- Organize special events in the restaurant such as receptions.
- Monitor kitchen areas for food quality and service standards, verifying temperature, appearances and taste of products. Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency.
- Maintain profitability of outlets to support overall hotel operation.
- Control payroll and equipment costs (minimize loss and misuse). Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering, and retrieving supplies, stocking shelves as needed
- Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures.
- Utilize computer to accurately charge customers, create forecast and revenue reports and write correspondence.
- Other functions as necessary, including managing special projects, cleaning, reporting business trends, etc…
- Other tasks as assigned by the Dir. of Restaurants, Restaurant Manager and General Manager
Education: High School Diploma required. College degree preferred.
Experience: 2-4 years supervisory food and beverage experience required.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker Card and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification required. CPR certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of food and beverage operations.
- Ability to calculate percentages and use advanced math skills.
- Knowledge of scheduling and basic ordering procedures.
- Ability to handle a high stress environment, working under pressure.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific appearance/grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.