Posted January 9, 2019
Reservation Sales Agent
Opportunity to earn monthly incentive bonuses that are above and beyond the competition! ***Monthly bonuses are in addition to a competitive hourly wage***
Summary of Position:
This position is based at our sister property The Arizona Grand Resort & Spa. This position is a dynamic role that involves handling a high volume of incoming sales calls for all six (6) Classic Hotels & Resorts located in Arizona and California.
The Reservation Sales Agent must handle a high volume of phone calls, use multiple booking systems to confirm, modify, and cancel reservations. In addition, the Sales Agent must remember property policies and details, complete side work in a timely fashion, and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Answer a high-volume of incoming calls for multiple properties while consistently following our call quality standards on monthly coaching calls.
- Confirm reservations by offering alternatives, suggestions, and cross selling.
- Provide guest follow-up as requested.
- Handle emailed inquiries in a timely manner.
- Efficiently process assigned responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with immediate Supervisor regarding tasks and goals.
- Use the Property Management System to accurately note details regarding hotel guests, specifically their special needs and requests to ensure a smooth registration upon arrival at the front desk.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Reservations Manager, the Reservations Assistant Manager, and the General Manager.
- Education: High School or GED
- Experience: Customer Service and Sales Experience Preferred.
- Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain consistency, diplomacy and tact in difficult or challenging situations.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to type 35 wpm.
- Ability to format and write business letters, reports, and summaries using proper grammar, spelling, diction, and style.
- Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the team and guest.
- Ability to memorize and perform Grand Expectations and AAA Diamond standards.
- Competitive, success driven, and goal oriented.
- Behaves ethically.
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to reservation requests
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
- Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at Arizona Grand Resort.