Posted January 2, 2019Part Time
Golf Outside Service
Summary of Position:
The Outside Service associate is responsible for ensuring that our golf guests have a memorable golf experience by providing a cheerful assistance with the guest's equipment.
- Work closely with inside golf staff regarding all group events by obtaining details about the event and following through with assistance in providing bag tags and cart signs.
- Follow procedures regarding bag storage operations.
- Greet all guests including non-golfers as they walk through the staging area.
- Stage golf carts for daily play.
- Assist guests with equipment to and from parking lot.
- Load and unload bags on carts from guest’s carts and bag storage.
- Properly maintain golf carts (charge battery, check tire pressure, etc…).
- Assist cart washers with detailing.
- Assist retail staff with the moving of boxes, 30 pounds or larger, from storage to pro shop.
- Assist other departments with special events.
- Perform general cleaning tasks.
- Other tasks as assigned by managers and/or supervisors.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to maneuver a golf cart through congested areas
- Ability to lift golf bags in and out of carts
- Ability to walk up and down steep cart paths
- Ability to work during adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to replace water jugs when empty, lifting 20-30 lbs.
- Knowledge of the game of golf (rules and etiquette).
- Ability to tolerate different weather conditions (90% of time spent outdoors.)
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review.)