Posted January 4, 2019
Director of Sales
Summary of Position:
The Director of Sales is responsible to provide the leadership and motivation to a team of group and travel industry sales professionals representing the Arizona Grand Resort & Spa and The Scott Resort & Spa, and to implement effective sales strategies to maximize the generation of resort revenue and achieve overall resort goals. The successful candidate will have a proven track record within the resort hospitality environment, and work closely with the Vice President of Sales and Marketing in developing the overall sales and marketing strategies of the resort. The position is responsible for the day-to-day activities of the sales team, and effective management skills to maximize resort revenue and profit.
Maintain consistent knowledge of:
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments and delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Extensive experience in the daily management of the group sales process.
- Enforce all resort standards, policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively plan and implement processes and procedures necessary to ensure effective associate relations and customer satisfaction while achieving budgeted resort revenues.
- Ability to work independently in the performance of job duties.
- Effectively plan strategic tactics to ensure the future success of the resort.
- Implement a successful direct sales and business development program and process.
- Implement and monitor sales action plans within the marketing plan.
- Excellent skills in team building, selecting sales talent and establishing strong customer relationships.
- Demonstrate professional presentation skills, including verbal and written communication.
- Exhibit a positive and involved team attitude within department and resort.
- Develop strategies for forecasting and analyzing sales needs and developing effective product responses, delivery systems and methods for measuring and evaluating results.
- Participate in property-wide leadership and culture development programs.
- Ensure all deadlines are satisfied relating to monthly, quarterly and annual reporting needs.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Sales and Marketing in developing, preparing and executing business plans within each market segment and analyze market trends to implement programs and tactical changes that address market conditions.
- Monitor sales activity and performance to ensure sales managers meet or exceed established revenue plan and goals.
- Coach, mentor and cultivate a team of sales professionals to maximize sales performance and profit for the resort.
- Ability to lead and direct performance of departmental associates and follow through with corrections where needed.
- Ability to analyze and resolve challenges implementing good judgment and maintaining the best interest of the resort.
- Attend all meetings necessary to the Director of Sales position, which may include Executive Committee meetings for each resort.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all guest and resort information.
- Ability to work effectively with all departments in order to ensure resort success.
- Creativity, forward thinking, passion and drive are critical to the success of this position.
Education: College graduate preferred or equivalent industry experience.
Experience: Two years of experience as a Director of Sales, preferably at a four-diamond resort. Prior Sales experience at a resort or convention hotel required.
Certificates or Licenses: Sales certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer literacy and the ability to utilize Word, Excel and department specific programs.
- Desire to progress within the hospitality industry.
- Strategic Selling skills and process driven.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to utilize them effectively in English with guests, peers and associates.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and balance multiple commitments simultaneously.
- Strong customer service aptitude.
- Understanding of budgetary and fiscal responsibility within the department.
- Familiarity with all operational areas of the resort.
- Has completed professional selling skills and process management courses.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.