Posted January 10, 2019
Summary of Position:
The Sales Manager is responsible for the efficient and professional acquisition of group business for the Arizona Grand Resort reporting to the Director of Sales. A specific market emphasis and/or territory assignment will be determined based on industry experience.
- Meet or exceed your revenue goals as specified in the group sales goal & incentive document.
- Solicit potential prospects on a daily basis with a minimum of 20 calls per day.
- Use and exhibit proficiency with sales management documents, tools, & systems.
- Determine quality of business: prospect, qualified prospect, best potential.
- Follow through on all leads within 24 hours.
- Meet and deliver account site inspections on property.
- Update accounts and most current lead source.
- Update all accounts with current VP of Sales & Marketing and Director of Sales.
- Maintain continuous communication between Sales, Conference Services, Restaurants and other resort outlets at all times.
- Keep detailed notes and execute written agreements with all vendors and customers.
- Business travel to domestic destinations may be required.
- Prospects and qualifies new group clientele from all available resources.
- Ability to perform all essential functions within two weeks of employment.
Education: High School Diploma required, college degree preferred.
Experience: 1-3 years of hospitality or equivalent industry selling experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Delphi, and Windows operating system
- Skilled in sales presentations and utilizing sales tools such as CD-Rom, PowerPoint, and collateral
- Ability to manage details effectively
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Skilled at verbal and written communication
- Ability to maintain a professional image in tough situations
- Ability to learn and demonstrate the Resort’s service standards, AAA Diamond standards, and mystery shopper standards
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.