Posted January 11, 2019Part Time
Summary of Position:
The Ranger is responsible for ensuring that our golf guests have a memorable golf experience by maintaining a steady pace of play, giving hints on playing the course and providing general information about the resort.
- Maintain a steady pace of play by assisting golfers as necessary.
- Welcome golfers with a smile and friendly greeting.
- Call players to first tee.
- Answer questions concerning the resort and general rules of golf.
- Assist in maintaining good rapport with the homeowners.
- Check cleanliness of restrooms.
- Check water jugs hourly during summer season.
- Assist golfers during their round by repairing ballmarks and raking bunker
- Keep golf course free of trash and cigarette butts.
- Assist outside service with group events.
- Sweep cart paths, as necessary
- Other tasks as assigned by managers or supervisors
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Golf experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: State Driver’s License required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to maneuver a golf cart through congested areas.
- Ability to work during adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to replace water jugs when empty, lifting 20-30 lbs.
- Knowledge of the game of golf (rules and etiquette).
- Ability to tolerate different weather conditions (90% of time is spent outdoors.)
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).