Posted March 20, 2019
Public Area Attendant (PM)
Summary of Position:
The PM Public Area Attendant is responsible for assuring cleanliness of resort pool areas, resort lobby, guest restrooms, public walkways, ashtrays, front entrance, as well as assisting Housekeeping Management and Room Attendants in order to maintain Resort standards of quality.
- Thoroughly dust all furniture, pictures and accessories in public areas
- Attend to towels, trash and chair appearance in pool areas
- In public restrooms, thoroughly clean sinks, toilets, urinals, mirrors, tiles, counters, walls, stalls, vents, and/or floors with cleaning agents, adhering to cleaning procedures and instructions for use of cleaning agents; replace all paper products as needed
- Thoroughly clean and polish all metal surfaces, applying pressure in repeated motion.
- Clean ashtrays and empty trash in outdoor public areas
- Help monitor and remove trash, glasses and waste from all public areas (lobbies/walkways/outdoor seating areas/pools)
- Respond to guest questions, providing guest assistance, directions and information as requested.
- Report all suspicious persons or activities, hazardous conditions, etc. to the Safety and Security Department.
- Provide instruction and/or guidance for guests and associates to safely exit in fire or other emergency situations.
- Behaves ethically and honestly
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Education: N/A
Experience: Previous janitorial experience preferred
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to comprehend the English language sufficient to understand and communicate information for reasons such as safety and security, product safety labels and emergency instructions
- Knowledge of stain removal and chemical cleaning agents and operation of different types of equipment
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push or pull heavy equipment, and stand for extended periods of time. Lifting may include equipment or furniture weighing up to 100 lbs
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions from supervisor or Department Head(s)
- Ability to walk/stand for long periods of time
- Ability to memorize, behave, perform and adhere to THE SCOTT. Resort & Spa’s Workplace Culture and Policies & Procedures. Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.