Posted April 18, 2019
Lobby Grill Line Cook 3
Summary of Position:
The Line Cook is responsible for garnishing and finishing all food items received through hot and cold windows, coordinating and setting up food for wait staff pick-up. Prep all food items needed to complete service using procedures and guidelines set forth by management staff.
- Prepare all food items according to standard recipes, or as otherwise specified by supervisor, to ensure consistency of product to the guests.
- Visually inspect, select, and use only the freshest fruits, vegetables, and meats in the preparation of menu items.
- Check and control the proper storage of product, especially produce.
- Keep all refrigeration and storage areas clean and organized, complying with health department regulations.
- Keep all working areas clean and organized, complying with health department standards.
- Other supportive functions as determined by the supervisor.
Education: High School Graduate preferred. Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred
Experience: Food preparation experience preferred
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of food preparation.
- Knowledge of the acceptable standards of sanitation.
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e. stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, etc…
- Basic mathematical skills to prepare recipes.
- Ability to understand and comply with all Health Department standards.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Knowledgeable of potentially hazardous foods and their specific Danger Zones.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with guests, interpret event documents, and conduct employee meetings.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).