Posted January 23, 2019Part Time
Summary of Position:
Arizona Grand Yoga Instructors will teach safe, fun and professional yoga classes as directed by the Spa Manager and the Assistant Spa Manager of the Arizona Grand Resort. The Yoga Instructor will lead yoga classes in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to the Arizona Grand Resort’s standards of quality.
- The Yoga Instructor will instruct yoga classes as scheduled by the management team of the Athletic Club, Spa and Salon.
- The Yoga Instructor will lead groups through each yoga class in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- The Yoga Instructor will meet with Arizona Grand Athletic Club members and guests to answer questions regarding yoga exercise provide motivation and ensure the highest level of service.
- The Yoga Instructor will develop and learn new yoga techniques and safely execute all moves during the scheduled yoga class.
- The Yoga Instructor will provide motivation and in general ensure highest level of service.
- The Yoga Instructor will ensure the cleanliness of the yoga space.
- And the Yoga Instructor will perform and execute any other tasks assigned by the Spa Manager and Assistant Spa Manager of the Arizona Grand Resort.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform combination of the following supportive functions, with the allotment of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Maintain cleanliness of fitness center.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Must have at least two years of teaching yoga and working in the fitness industry.
Certificates or Licenses:
Must be CPR certified and first aid certified. Both certifications must be current and kept current throughout his/her employment with the Arizona Grand Resort & Spa.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess strong training and teaching skills in the yoga field.
- Must be able to teach beginning through advanced yoga class.
- Ability to interpret music and execute movement smoothly.
- Must be an excellent communicator.
- Must be in excellent physical condition – able to teach 2 to 3 hours of yoga per day.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).