Posted January 29, 2019
Room Service Supervisor
Summary of Position:
The Room Service Supervisor is responsible for the overall daily operation of Room Service and training the Room Service and In-Suite Hospitality staff in providing a superior product, in a timely fashion, with impeccable service, as it relates to the department and resort standards. Completing job requirements, as directed by management, on a daily basis, are a prerequisite to ensure standards are being met.
- Provide necessary instructional guidance for the staff to ensure that daily assignments are completed in an efficient manner.
- Communicate any VIP’s or guest challenges anticipated at the start of each day.
- Train staff in guest related duties as well as Departmental Standards and Resort Standards, along with departmental job descriptions and shoppers criteria.
- Routinely inspect mini bars to ensure each guest suite mini bar is in compliance with standards and follow up with the In Suite Hospitality attendants who are responsible for the suite.
- Responsible to handle all guest challenges including but not limited to food and beverage service, billing, amenity deliveries, etc.
- Conduct property tours to ensure cleanliness of equipment and monitor staff productivity of Room Service, and In-Suite Hospitality staff.
- Responsible for being knowledgeable of all menu items, pricing and other services provided by each department.
- Fully responsible for learning and knowing the Point of Sale computer system used by the Resort (currently MICROS) including but not limited to inputting orders, closing checks, inquiries, and billing. Must be able to fully execute proper procedures when taking an order from a guest from beginning to end.
- Monitor food and beverage operations of Room Service, and In-Suite Hospitality to ensure presentation, quality and consistency standards are being maintained.
- Abide by and enforce all policies, procedures, and standards including any necessary disciplinary action.
- Perform departmental opening and closing duties as well as daily tasks.
- Abide by and enforce all state, federal, and corporate food and beverage laws and regulations as well as Health Codes.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License to be able to legally operate a golf cart for transportation of some guest orders.
- Ensure uniform standards are being adhered to and enforced.
- And perform all other duties as assigned by the Room Service Manager and/or the General Manager.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, with the allotment of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the resort.
- Arizona Grand Resort believes that each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. Individuals must possess and demonstrate the ability to interact with all guests, internal and external, effectively with tact and diplomacy in line with Arizona Grand Resort’s service standards.
- Responsible for being knowledgeable of all restaurants and services offered by the resort.
- Ensuring that all proper equipment is used properly according to standards and that cleanliness is maintained.
- Greeting all external and internal guests in a courteous professional manner.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary environment within the Kitchen and the Resort.
- Supportive to and in attendance for all departmental and resort wide training programs including but not limited to Safety topics and Educational and Employee Programs/Classes to assure the continual professional growth of all department personnel.
- Abide by all Resort and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
- Complete all tasks not aforementioned as requested by the Management Team of the Resort.
Education: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Experience: Prior Room Service experience is preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker Certification and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Perform exceptional communication skills throughout all functions of the job as it relates to guests, fellow employees, and management staff.
- Possess the ability to grasp, lift, carry, or otherwise transport up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Possess the ability to read, write, and understand the English language to perform the essential function of the job.
- Behaves ethically.
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).