Posted February 7, 2019
Golf Greenskeeper II
Come work at our beautiful 18 hole golf course with dramatic elevation changes and breathtaking mountain vistas!
Summary of Position:
Under the direction of the Golf Course Superintendent, perform ground maintenance duties including maintaining greens, tees, fairways, vegetation and landscaped areas.
- Prepare and maintain golf course.
- Prepare and plant sod, trees, shrubs, and flowers.
- Clean and perform routine maintenance on ground maintenance equipment and tools.
- Maintain turf by aerification, slicing, and topdressing.
- Perform a variety of general grounds keeping duties including raking, weeding, trimming trees, and fertilizing.
- Operate and maintain a variety of grounds maintenance equipment and tools including riding and pushing mowers, weed eaters , blowers, edgers, trimmers, tractors, over seeders, rototillers, sod cutter, wood chipper, hand and power tools, and other grounds maintenance tools and equipment.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 1 year of golf course maintenance preferred
Certificates or Licenses: NA
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Learn methods in performing general grounds maintenance and reconstruction work.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Practice and adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Lift objects weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Work in a desert environment.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.