Posted February 25, 2019
Room Service Server (AM)
Summary of Position:
The Room Service Server is responsible for ensuring the highest quality product is delivered to the guests in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Delivering food and beverage to guests in a timely manner, following all standards of service.
- Set-up, service, refresh, and break down all hospitalities.
- Ensure each outgoing order matches guest requests before delivering to the suite.
- Exercise proper telephone etiquette when answering calls.
- Promptly retrieve guests’ trays and carts upon when requested or as they appear around the resort.
- Practice all sanitation and safety guidelines provided by the health department and by the Resort.
- Participate in Department and/or Resort training programs, as required.
- Perform general cleaning tasks.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Room Service Supervisors, the Room Service Manager and the General Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Prior guest service experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all menu items, pricing and other services provided by Room Service.
- General knowledge of Resort outlets.
- Ability to pick-up trays from all guest suites without the use of an elevator.
- Knowledge of appropriate table and Service ware settings.
- Ability to lift trays up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Ability to serve alcohol (19+ years of age).
- Knowledge of and ability to abide by and enforce Maricopa County Health Food regulation and state, federal, and corporate liquor regulations.
- Ability to listen, effectively accomplish task, and speak clearly.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate as stated in our AGR Grooming Standards. (Specific grooming standards are available for review).