Posted March 8, 2019Part Time
Water Aerobics Instructor
Summary of Position:
To teach a safe, fun and professional aerobics class in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to the Arizona Grand Resort’s standards of quality.
- Instruct and lead aerobics classes in the athletic club pool.
- Meet with members and guests to answer questions regarding aerobic exercise.
- Provide motivation and in general ensure highest level of service.
- Develop and learn new aerobic techniques.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the aerobic space and any other areas as requested.
- Implement new resort procedures, as necessary
- Assure quality service and develop and maintain 4 diamond quality service levels.
- Other tasks as assigned by Spa Manager and the Assistant Spa Manager
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Minimum of five years of teaching aerobics and working in the fitness industry.
Certificates or Licenses: Must be CPR certified and first aid certified. Both certifications must be current and kept current throughout his/her employment with the Arizona Grand Resort.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must possess strong training and teaching skills in the aerobic dance field.
- Must be able to teach beginning through advanced aerobic and exercise classes.
- Must be an excellent communicator.
- Must be in excellent physical condition. Ability to teach 2 to 3 hours of aerobics per day.
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)