Posted March 14, 2019
Bell Person (Overnight)
**This position offers a Shift Differential**
Summary of Position:
The Bellperson is responsible for representing the resort at the main entrance. They should enthusiastically greet arriving and departing guests according to resort standards. They escort guests to their suites, providing guests with a full orientation of the resort and the suite itself. They also assist departing guests with transport and storage of luggage.
- Meet and greet all arriving and departing guests with a friendly and sincere greeting, following resort standards as specified.
- Grasping, lifting, and carrying packages from vehicles to designated transportation or secure storage areas.
- Escort guests to suites using resort service standards, visually inspecting rooms upon arrival and reporting deficiencies to the appropriate department for repair.
- Issue luggage claim tickets at drop-off, read and match tickets at pick-up.
- Develop a complete knowledge of all resort amenities and general information about the resort including outlet hours, resort services, local attractions, function spaces, car rentals, etc...
- Answer guest inquiries politely using a clear speaking voice.
- Other tasks as assigned including, but not limited to laundry pick-up/drop-off, newspaper delivery, posting reader boards, polish carts, and answering bell desk telephone.
- And any other tasks assigned by the Guest Services Manager, the Front Office Managers and/or the General Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Certificates or Licenses: Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record. License checks will be conducted periodically.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to operate a bell cart.
- Considerable knowledge of the city and surrounding areas.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.