Posted March 15, 2019
Canal Club Supervisor
The Canal Club is the hottest new lobby bar, restaurant and pool oasis on the Scottsdale resort scene...be a part of culinary and beverage history in the making in our gorgeous, community oriented, Havana themed property!
Summary of Position:
The Canal Club / F&B Supervisor will assist management with two points of emphasis (1) train and coach peers, lead the team towards meeting and exceeding restaurant standards in the areas of guest service, sales goals, product knowledge and front of the house operations, and (2) assume a supervisory/Manager on Duty role by performing associated tasks when asked by management to do so.
- Assist in serving guests and patrons at the Canal Club and Lobby Bar.
- Train new hires and provide feedback to management to help determine skill level
- Coach new and existing staff in daily operations by helping to lead the team towards meeting and exceeding standards in guest service, lead the team to uphold the restaurant appearance, help enforce policies and procedures, aid in leading the team to execute daily tasks and ensure successful completion, help the team with time management and be a support when management is not available to assist the line staff.
- Supervise the execution of side work and cleaning duties among peers.
- Assist with inventory as needed.
- Assist with opening/closing managerial duties as needed.
- Work collaboratively with F&B management and department heads.
- Work respectfully with Chef de Cuisine and Executive Chef.
- Maintain optimal dress code standards at all times.
- Enforce and reinforce resort policies at all times.
- Assist with employee evaluations as needed.
- Assist with developing incentives/employee motivation activities with management.
- And other tasks as assigned by the Director of Operations, F&B Manager(s), Resort Management and/or the General Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Experience: Previous food and beverage supervisory experience required
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker Card and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification required. First Aid Training and CPR certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of food and beverage operations.
- Ability to calculate percentages and use advanced math skills
- Knowledge of scheduling and basic ordering procedures
- Ability to handle a high stress environment, working under pressure
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott Resort & Spa, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.