Posted April 20, 2019
Summary of Position:
Assist the Purchasing Department to coordinate the buying of food, beverage and non-food supplies. Assist Purchasing Department by placing all food, beverage, and non-food orders, tracking daily purchases and purchase order number control. Generate daily receiving documents and distribute when necessary.
- Collect weekly beverage orders from outlets and place orders with suppliers.
- Maintain beverage storeroom clean and organized, maintain inventories within storeroom to proper levels and accuracy.
- Generate computer purchase orders as needed verifying data on orders is correct and proper approvals completed.
- Inspect daily Food and Beverage product received to ensure it meets our highest standards for quality and freshness.
- Assist Purchasing in the buying of non-food supplies from approved suppliers and maintain market price sheets, computer data and price files.
- Assist Purchasing Department with F&B duties as needed and assist with the coding of invoices for the Banquet kitchen.
- Able to maintain inventory of the resorts collateral forms management account. Duties include monthly inventory, warehousing, maintaining an excel spreadsheet, ordering product when par is down.
- Assist Purchasing Department with any additional assigned duties.
- Other tasks assigned by Director of Purchasing inside and outside of assigned department.
In addition to performance of essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the allotment of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the resort.
- Attend meetings as required by supervision.
- Clean office area.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Assist with food purchasing as needed.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Administrative experience required. Purchasing experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker Certification, Valid driver’s license and clean motor vehicle record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Arizona Grand Resort believes that each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. Individuals must possess and demonstrate the ability to interact with all guests, internal and external, effectively with tact and diplomacy in line with Arizona Grand Resort’s service standards.
- Be computer literate.
- Ability to perform moderately complex mathematical calculation.
- Ability to acquire equal quality products at the best market price through negotiation.
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate computer inventory file.
- Ability to utilize various software programs including MYOB and MSS computer programs.
- Ability to effectively read, write and understand the English Language.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four-diamond resort. (specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.