Posted May 30, 2019Part Time
Mini Bar Attendant
Are you looking for a part time/day position? Great entry level position for someone who has attention to detail and getting exercise while at work!
This is a great part time position - 8:30 to 4:30 guaranteed two days per week with possible additional shifts on busier days!
Summary of Position:
The Mini-bar Attendant is responsible for the daily restocking and upkeep of mini-bars used in guest rooms and suites.
- Prepare the rooms list and paperwork needed for the assigned route, noting any guest special requests.
- Restocking, billing, and cleaning assigned mini-bars, including all complimentary items (sugar, coffee, etc.)
- in assigned suites
- Removal, replacement, and retrieval of all stock necessary to complete guest requests and standards set
- forth by management.
- Reporting all irregularities seen in the mini-bars (including such items as broken locks, doors, warm
- refrigerators, etc.) to Property Operations
- Ensure that all equipment is used properly, according to standards, and that cleanliness is maintained.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary environment within the Resort.
- Other tasks as assigned by Director of Housekeeping / Housekeeping Manager
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification and Maricopa County food service worker card
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of all menu items, pricing, and other services provided by In-Suite Hospitality
Ability to use the Point of Sale computer system (MICROS).
Knowledge of, and ability to abide by and enforce, Maricopa County Health Food regulations, and state,
federal, and corporate liquor regulations.
Ability to listen, effectively accomplish task, and speak clearly.
Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.