Posted May 12, 2019
Summary of Position:
The General Maintenance position is responsible for responding to guest needs and department requests to maintain the entire facility by performing various tasks primarily related to, but not limited to, the painting trade. This involves performing a variety of tasks and trades. A commercial/residential painter/decorator’s activities include the preparation of surfaces; application of coating to surface, faux finishes and wall coverings (brush, roll and spraying applications). It also involves the application of varnishes, lacquers, sealers, stains, water & solvent borne paints; glazes and alkyds paint throughout the resort.
- Respond to guest challenges and requests throughout the resort, making necessary repairs and/or accommodating the guest’s needs.
- Work with other departments to perform repairs as requested.
- Maintain all inspection and log sheets to guarantee preventative maintenance was completed.
- Visually inspect and diagnose problems, making repairs as necessary or as instructed by supervisors.
- Maintain inventory of supplies to perform job functions.
- Report major repair items or items that cannot be repaired to management within Property Operations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the manager(s)/director(s) of Property Operations and/or the General Manager.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 5+ years experience with all aspects of painting trade required.
Certificates or Licenses: Valid Driver’s License with a clean motor vehicle record
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all aspects of painting trade to include drywall repairs, texture, application of paints and stains, use of airless paint sprayers, and brush and roll application processes. Skills in the use of related tools including hand and power tools.
- Mathematical skills necessary to perform job duties.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and push and pull objects weighing up to 100 pounds, carry objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to walk around a large Resort for the majority of the work period.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at height up to 30 feet for extended periods.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized work space, maintaining important documents pertinent to job.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.