Posted May 15, 2019
Group Billing Coordinator
Summary of Position:
The Group Billing Coordinator is responsible for billing and resolving guest billing challenges.
- Communicate with various resort departments in order to accurately invoice Catering and Conference Service groups in a timely manner.
- Promptly answer telephones interpreting and assisting guests with their challenges-clearly describing folio charges.
- Use file resources to research and resolve guest challenges quickly and accurately.
- Effectively negotiate compromises with guests using a positive and diplomatic manner, remaining calm and alert, at all times.
- Reconcile wholesale travel and preferred accounts by working with the front desk and reservations departments.
- Bill revolving accounts on a bimonthly or monthly basis.
- Sort and file reports, documentations, and copies by account name.
- Assist in storage rotation, may include some moderate lifting.
- Represent department at resort wide meetings, as necessary.
- Assist Accounts Receivable team with overflow, as necessary.
- Complete month-end duties including group commission accruals and complimentary suite accruals.
- Other tasks as assigned by manager.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Experience: Accounting and/or hospitality experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use facsimile, computer, and copier.
- Ability to use a 10-key by touch with accurate input of numbers and descriptions.
- Ability to effectively deal with guests challenges.
- Basic computer skills including working with Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Knowledge of Springer Miller Hospitality Management System is preferred, but not necessary.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).