Posted July 23, 2019
Male Lobby Porter (AM)
Summary of Position:
The Lobby Porter is responsible for cleaning and maintaining all public/lobby areas including restrooms and elevators.
- Thoroughly dust all furniture, pictures and shelves in public areas.
- Thoroughly clean sinks, toilets, urinals, mirrors, tiles, counters, walls, stalls, vents, and/or floors with cleaning agents, adhering to cleaning procedures and instructions for use of cleaning agents.
- Thoroughly clean and polish all metal surfaces, applying pressure in repeated motion.
- Thoroughly clean all elevators and elevator tracks.
- Clean ashtrays and empty trash in public areas.
- Assist shampooers with relocation of furniture.
- Respond to guest questions, providing guest assistance, directions and information as requested.
- Report all suspicious persons or activities, hazardous conditions, etc. to the Safety and Security Department.
- Provide instruction and/or guidance for guests and associates to safely exit in fire or other emergency situations.
Experience: Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to comprehend the English language sufficient to understand and communicate information for reasons such as safety and security, product safety labels and emergency instructions.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push or pull heavy equipment, and stand for extended periods of time. Lifting may include equipment or furniture weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions from supervisor.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maneuver a golf cart through congested areas.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, general knowledge of the English language required.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).