Posted April 28, 2019
Join the HEARTfelt experience that is working at The Scott Resort and Spa! Willing to train hard working, detail oriented and dedicated individual who is looking for a steady job in a beautiful setting!
Work with the wonderful team at The Scott Resort & Spa!
Summary of Position:
The Houseperson is responsible for assuring cleanliness of guest walkways, foyers, stairwells and public vending areas, as well as assisting Room Attendants in order to maintain Resort standards of quality
- Empty Room Attendant carts of soiled linen and trash during VIP turndowns
- Vacuum, sweep and/or mop walkways, stairwells, vending areas, foyers and lobbies
- Fulfill all guest requests for ironing boards, hairdryers, rollaways, etc.
- Clean and remove spots from walls and doors.
- Assure storage and linen rooms are in impeccable order for the following morning
- Assure all glasses are washed for the following morning
- Assist in loading of dirty linen for outside laundry service
- Assist Room Attendants with removal of trash and linen from guest suites during high occupancy turnover
- Respond to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, directions and information as requested
- Report all suspicious persons or activities, hazardous conditions, etc. to Management and/or Security.
- Provide instruction and/or guidance for guests and associates safety in fire or other emergency situations
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
Experience: Previous janitorial experience preferred
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to comprehend the English language sufficient to understand and communicate information for reasons such as safety and security, product safety labels and emergency instructions
Knowledge of stain removal and chemical cleaning agents and operation of different types of equipment
Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push or pull heavy equipment, and stand for extended periods of time. Lifting may include equipment or furniture weighing up to 100 lbs
Ability to comprehend and follow instructions from supervisor
Ability to walk/stand for long periods of time
Ability to memorize, behave, perform and adhere to The Scott Resort & Spa’s Workplace Culture and Policies & Procedures
Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance that is highly professional and appropriate at all times. (Specific grooming standards are available for review) for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.