Posted April 29, 2019Part Time
Summary of Position:
The Oasis Server is responsible for the service of food and/or beverages, to include taking the order and delivering the ordered items to the guest in a friendly, courteous, and timely manner.
- Check and maintain proper set-up and cleanliness of service station before, during, and after shift
- Greets guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explains all specials and/or promotion.
- Record the guests orders, up-selling when applicable
- Requires memorization of entire available drink selection menu
- Inputs orders into point of sale system to inform bartender and/or kitchen an order was placed.
- Retrieve order from the kitchen, confirm accuracy, and deliver food/beverages to guest with appropriate condiments.
- Abide by all state, federal, and resort liquor regulations.
- Replenishes beverages as requested, frequently checking back with guest to inquire about satisfaction
- Presents the guest with the check promptly, thanking them and inviting them to return.
- Other supportive functions as determined by Oasis management or the General Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Experience: 2 years high-volume serving experience preferred
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card/certification and Arizona Title IV Alcohol certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic food and beverage preparations, including service of alcoholic beverages.
- Knowledge of service ware and menu items.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote a variety of menu items.
- Ability to transport large trays of drinks, weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to operate a Micros touch screen and follow point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with other employees and guests.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).