Posted June 15, 2019
Business Center Clerk II/Print Job
Summary of Position:
The Business Center Clerk /Houseperson will be responsible for handling all of the Group and Guest Shipping and Receiving needs of the Resort, as well as, manually setting up, breaking down, and servicing all meeting rooms and food functions in accordance with Arizona Grand Resort’s high standard of quality.
- Receive, timely log and deliver all internal and external guest parcels.
- Deliver priority guest packages each morning in a timely manner.
- Log packages by using the resort’s tracking system to ensure accuracy and timely delivery.
- Assist Purchasing Manager with any additional assigned duties.
- Attend meetings as required by supervisor.
- Clean office area.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Receive all freight and distribute to clients as needed.
- Physically set-up, and break down function spaces.
- Maintain and refresh function rooms.
- Assure outdoor function space is maintained.
- Assist in food and beverage as needed.
- Deliver equipment to outlets.
- Other tasks as assigned by the management of the Banquet Operations Managers, Business Center Supervisor and the General Manager.
Education: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Experience: 1-3 years previous shipping and receiving experience preferred, but not necessary. Prior guest service or other Hospitality experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Valid Driver’s License with clean motor vehicle record
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Arizona Grand Resort believes that each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. Individuals must possess and demonstrate the ability to interact with all guests effectively, internal and external, and act with tact and diplomacy in line with Arizona Grand Resort’s service standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form in English.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely with minimal supervision within two weeks after Associate begins work.
- Ability to perform Arizona Grand Resort Standards and Mystery Shopper Standards.
- Ability to lift and move parcels upwards of 75 lbs.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and remain organized with large volume of parcels each day.
- Position requires extensive activity including but not limited to walking and climbing stairs.
- Ability to tolerate sun and extreme temperatures for extended periods.
- Ability to listen, effectively accomplish tasks, and speak clearly.
- Behaves ethically
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized work space, maintaining important documents pertinent to job
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for our resort. Please review our Arizona Grand Resort grooming standards.
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.