Posted June 19, 2019Part Time
Aunt Chilada's Hostperson
Aunt Chilada's: Serving up Delicious Mexican Fare Since 1986!
Summary of Position:
The Hostperson is responsible for meeting and greeting guest as they arrive, offering their choice of seating, escorting them to their table, and presenting menus.
- Supervise dining room to ensure proper service and guest enjoyment.
- Meet and greet every guest as they arrive, offering choice of seating, escorting guests to their tables, and presenting menus.
- Maintain proper set-up of dining room including server stations, reserved tables, and proper balance around the dining room.
- Maintain a cash drawer, giving out correct change to servers and guests.
- Keep staff informed of current promotions, daily specials, guest comments, daily events, and memos.
- Upkeep on happy hour tables.
- Keep restrooms clean and neat.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Restaurant guest service experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker Card.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to memorize menu items sufficient to answer guest questions.
- Ability to move throughout a crowded dining room to seat guests.
- Ability to do basic arithmetic.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).