Posted July 23, 2019
Provide a HEARTfelt experience for our group and social guests by captaining our banquet events and associates with professionalism, respect, and service savvy. Our banquet culinary and service team are amazing and The Scott is a wonderful place to work BEyond Expectations!
Summary of Position:
The Banquet Captain is responsible for handling all aspects of food and beverage functions including pre-planning, event order review, supervision of staff during set-up, service and breakdown and administrative duties. Communication with associates, meeting planners, and Director of Banquets is critical.
• Assist in planning daily and weekly banquet functions.
• Coordinate interaction with other departments and clients.
• Supervise staff to include set-up, serve and breakdown.
• Administer duties to include banquet check preparation, coaching documentation, functions review sheets and labor forecasts
• Coordinate successful timing of events according to the guest needs and overall Property standards
• Train new team members
• Attend all required meetings
• Supervise maintenance of meeting spaces
• Other tasks as assigned by Director of Banquets
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 2 years of banquet supervisory/captain experience required.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of and ability to abide by and enforce Maricopa County Health Food regulations and state, federal and corporate liquor regulations.
• Ability to perform all of the basic functions of the banquet server
• Extensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations, and general etiquette
• Ability to move in tight quarters effectively and quickly to monitor and supervise line staff
• Ability to be and work "hands on" and make quick and accurate decisions
• Ability to listen, effectively accomplish task, and speak clearly.
• Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
• Behaves ethically
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language sufficient to understand menus, knows ingredients in food prepared, and to communicate with guests and service team.
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
- This is a full time position. Actual hours may vary dependent on business need. Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa. Should be available for both early AM and PM shifts.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott Resort & Spa, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.