Posted October 30, 2019
Summary of Position:
The Landscape Gardener is responsible for maintaining landscaped resort areas to provide a pleasant environment for guests and has extensive previous gardening experience.
- Safely operate equipment including mowers and trimmers and other implements.
- Maintain overall property cleanliness.
- Clean up and trim trees, shrubs, and flowers.
- Hand water plants, as necessary.
- Adjust and repair sprinkler system.
- Plant trees, shrubs, and flowers.
- Maintain shop cleanliness.
- Maintain equipment is always in working order and ready to be used at any time.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Forepersons, Landscaping Manager, Assistant Directors of Property Operations, Director of Property Operations and/or the General Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Five (5) years landscaping experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Valid Driver’s License and clean motor vehicle record. License checks will be conducted periodically.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to work during adverse weather conditions.
- Able to understand and communicate repair challenges.
- Able to lift, push and pull heavy items (10 – 90+lbs.).
- Knowledge of equipment and tools used in landscaping including sprinkler systems.
- Installation skills for trees plants and flowers.
- Trimming skills of trees and shrubs.
- General knowledge of trees, shrubs, and flowers.
- Able to operate equipment and tools used in landscaping.
- Able to walk, stand, bend, and kneel for extended periods.
- Able to tolerate extreme weather conditions (90% of time is spent outdoors).
- Skills in planning and organizing.
- Excellent in verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to listen, effectively accomplish task, and speak clearly.
- Behaves ethically.
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job .
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.