Posted August 17, 2019
Assistant Golf Mechanic
For over two decades, Arizona Grand Golf Course has supported the rich tradition of the game with its unique links course, featuring panoramic views of the surrounding desert landscape! Dramatic elevation changes and breathtaking mountain vistas highlight the diverse and challenging par 71 layout.
Summary of Position:
The Assistant Golf Mechanic is responsible for assisting the head mechanic with maintenance of golf vehicles and equipment.
- Safely sharpen backlap mowers.
- Perform preventative maintenance on vehicles.
- Assist with field challenges.
- Set up equipment for staff.
- Other tasks as assigned by managers or supervisors.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Small Engine Repair
Certificates or Licenses: None
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to lift, push and pull heavy items (20-50 lbs.).
- Knowledge of equipment and tools used to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.