Posted July 30, 2019
Conference Services Event Manager
Join the historic La Playa Hotel team working seamlessly with our very special groups, wedding and special events!
Historic La Playa Carmel, located two blocks from Carmel beach in a garden setting, is seeking a dynamic individual to upsell and coordinate weddings, corporate meetings, banquets and receptions. The person in this role serves as a vital contact for our diverse clientele.
This is an exciting opportunity for a high-energy individual to be creative while establishing a positive and professional presence and rapport with clients and customers.
The responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and execute all details of meetings and catered events to ensure appropriate and professional services are delivered per the terms of each contract including working with outside vendors, the Food and Beverage Department, and other internal departments.
- Ensures La Playa Carmel’s quality standards are maintained and profitability is maximized.
- Follows up with clients to ensure customer satisfaction
- Works closely with the Sales Assistant to detail and prepare events on BEOs providing timely information regarding set-up, vendor information and scheduling needs to hotel department heads.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to set and stay focused on multiple priorities
- Proven ability to exceed the expectations of both internal and external customers
- Experience using Delphi software a plus!
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years previous Catering/Conference Services, and Wedding Coordination experience within a similar management role.
We provide an excellent benefits program and beautiful working environment!