Posted August 5, 2019
Banquet Steward - Runner
Provide a HEARTfelt experience for our group and social guests by joining our banquet team and with professionalism, respect, and service savvy. Our banquet culinary and service team are amazing and The Scott is a wonderful place to work BEyond Expectations!
Summary of Position:
The Banquet Steward - Runner is responsible for preparing all requisitions for supplies for the following departments and associates: pantry, bakery, sous chefs, cook, and house people while following The Scott Resort & Spa standards.
- Prepare all requisition items; i.e., glassware, plates, pots, according to proper operating standards. Ensure consistency and cleanliness by completing a thorough inspection of each requested item.
- Check and control the proper storage of all chemicals and cleaning products, adjusting and reducing chemicals in strength where appropriate in order to maintain the Ballroom Kitchen’s cleanliness according to The Scott Resort & Spa standards.
- Maintain all refrigeration, walk-ins, storage and working areas to ensure they are clean and in working condition in order to comply with the Health Department regulations and The Scott Resort & Spa standards.
- Ensure that all equipment, utensils, needed to serve ballroom functions are available as requested by the chef or supervisor on duty.
- Ensure that all items requested are ready to be picked-up, dropped off and/or repaired on a daily basis.
- Keep dish machine properly cleaned and filled with water per The Scott Resort & Spa standards.
- General Cleaning of the ballroom during and after events
- Other supportive functions as determined by the supervisor
Education: High School Diploma preferred
Experience: Prior experience with hot/cold food preparation required, Mechanical repair of kitchen equipment experience required.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Handlers card required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform duties within varying temperatures of the ballroom kitchen
- Ability to grasp, lift, and/or carry or otherwise push goods on a cart (max. weight up to 200 lbs) and to use all equipment; i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, to perform all essential functions.
- Ability to reach, lift, stoop, and stand on a continuous basis in order to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to operate and repair all kitchen equipment.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand measurements, requisition amounts, and portion amounts as it relates to chemicals.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively English language to communicate with other associates
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott Resort & Spa, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.