Posted August 8, 2019
Banquet Operations Houseperson/Set-up (PM)
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa features an unmatched and impressive 120,000 square feet of flexible indoor and outdoor meeting and event space with 16 unique outdoor event venues!
Summary of Position:
The Houseperson/Set-up position is responsible for manually setting up, breaking down, and servicing all meeting rooms and food functions in accordance with Arizona Grand Resort’s high standard of quality.
- Receive all freight and distribute to clients as needed.
- Physically set-up, and break down function spaces.
- Maintain and refresh function rooms.
- Execute all ballroom equipment and maintenance repair needs.
- Assure outdoor function space is maintained.
- Assist in food and beverage as needed.
- Deliver equipment to outlets.
- Other supportive functions as determined by the Department Leads, Managers and Resort Managers.
Education: High School Diploma preferred.
Experience: Prior hospitality experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to lift 100+ pounds for extended periods of time.
- Ability to push and pull up to 500 pounds.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively. reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with other employees and guests.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).