Posted September 22, 2019
Public Area Female Attendant (AM)
Summary of Position:
The Public Area Attendant is generally responsible for the overall floor maintenance of hard surface and carpet (stripping, waxing, buffing, shampooing, extraction & bonneting) of areas that include offices, meeting rooms, corridors, lobbies, entrances, stairwells and other public areas such as cafeterias. Other required duties may be assigned by the supervisor or management of Housekeeping.
- This job requires the use of specialized, power equipment.
- Obey all safety requirements and procedures at all times.
- Perform preventative maintenance check on all equipment prior to use.
- Secure the work area and post proper safety notices for other users of the space prior to beginning work.
- Floors care, including routine mopping (dry and damp), buffing and burnishing on hard surface floors and stairwells.
- Vacuuming, shampooing, bonneting and extracting carpets, stairwells and upholstery
- Wall cleaning.
- Dusting (high and low).
- Routine restroom cleaning as assigned.
- Routine office and/or meeting room cleaning.
- Periodic cleaning of the above as assigned by supervisor.
- Simple maintenance tasks including, but not limited to, bulb changing.
- Maintenance of floor care equipment.
- Other tasks as assigned by the management of the Housekeeping Department, Director of Rooms and the General Manager
In addition to performance of essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the allotment of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the resort.
- Attend meetings as required by the supervisor and/or management of Housekeeping.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Resort’s management.
Education: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Experience: Some experience preferred, but not necessary. Prior guest service or other Hospitality experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: NA
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Arizona Grand Resort believes that each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. Individuals must possess and demonstrate the ability to interact with all guests effectively, internal and external, and act with tact and diplomacy in line with Arizona Grand Resort’s service standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form in English.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely with minimal supervision within two weeks after Associate begins work.
- Ability to perform Arizona Grand Resort Standards and Mystery Shopper Standards.
- Ability to lift upwards of 75 lbs.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and remain organized
- Position requires extensive activity including but not limited to walking and climbing stairs.
- Ability to tolerate sun and extreme temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Ability to listen, effectively accomplish tasks, and speak clearly.
- Behaves ethically
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to the job
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for our resort. Please review our Arizona Grand Resort grooming standards.
The Arizona Grand Resort’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create memorable experiences, inviting our guests to return. In order to be successful at Arizona Grand Resort, team members must share both our vision and our values. This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly and naturally grand associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.