Posted September 11, 2019
Head Houseperson/Setup 3rd Shift
Summary of Position:
The Banquet Head Houseperson is responsible for organizing and supervising the entire Banquet Set-up department.
- Communicates with management, line staff, and other departments on a per shift basis to ensure objectives are met.
- Plan the physical layout of all function rooms.
- Monitor and track labor on a daily basis to control and reduce overtime.
- Establish, implement and follow through on all policies.
- Interact with clients to ensure all needs and goals are met to produce a successful convention and food function.
- Ensure equipment is maintained and cared for to meet our Resort standards.
- Ensure all boxes are delivered to all meeting rooms.
- And any other tasks as assigned by the Set Up Mgr., Dir. of Banquets and/or the General Manager.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Must possess working knowledge of banquet operations. One year of supervisorial experience required.
Certificates or Licenses: Must be able to obtain CPR & First Aid certification, as well any other government licenses and certificates.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, assisting guests.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards and Mystery shopper standards.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry and transport up to 100 lbs.
- Must possess strong written & oral communication skills.
- Must be able to perform all set-up staff essential functions.
- Must be able to display a high level of maturity and ability to supervise a large staff.
- Must possess excellent organizational & prioritizing skills.
- Must be able to make quick & accurate decisions.
- Must be able to stoop, reach and bend on a continuous basis.
- Must be able to move quickly and efficiently throughout the resort and banquet functions.
- Must possess shipping & receiving knowledge.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.