Posted September 11, 2019
Lead Banquet Houseperson 3rd Shift
Summary of Position:
The Lead Houseperson/Set-up is responsible for organizing and supervising the setting up, breaking down and servicing of all meeting rooms and food functions in accordance with Arizona Grand Resort’s high standards of quality.
- Communicate with management, line staff, an other departments on a per shift basis, to ensure daily objectives are met.
- Plan the physical layout of all function rooms.
- Interact with clients to ensure all needs and goals are met to produce a successful convention and food function.
- Ensure equipment is maintained to the Arizona Grand Resort standards of quality.
- Ensure parcels are correctly delivered to all meeting rooms.
- Other supportive functions as determined by the manager.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum of six months prior ballroom experience required.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to lift 100+ pounds for extended periods of time.
- Ability to push and pull up to 500 pounds.
- Ability to perform all of the Set-up staff essential functions.
- Ability to supervise a large staff effectively.
- Must possess excellent organizational and prioritizing skills making quick and accurate decisions.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with other employees and guests.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.