Posted September 29, 2019
Canal Club Sous Chef (PM)
Join the exciting Canal Club, the hottest restaurant in Scottsdale, and work with Chef Chris Castro as we delight our guests with a Cuban/Caribbean style cuisine in a stylish and tropical oasis atmosphere!
Summary of Position:
The Canal Club PM sous chef will run day to day operations which includes but not limited to supervise and work with all kitchen staff in order to prepare, cook and present food according to restaurant and resort standard recipes in order to create high end quality food products. This role will particularly lead the PM Culinary Team and work closely with the outlets of Canal Club - restaurant, bar, pool and IRD, in partnership with the Canal Club leaders.
Day to Day
- Check line to ensure they are properly putting out food in a timely manner, with quality and constancy in mind.
- Work on any chef specific prep, and any line prep if needed immediately
- Do a line spot check daily in-between meal period changes
- Put in Orders for the day produce, fish, bread, and any items needed for service.
- Work on any office oriented work needed.
- Assign, in detail, specific duties to cooks under supervision for efficient operation of kitchen.
- Ensure line is set for service and work expo
- Schedule culinary staff so that proper coverage is maintained while keeping payroll costs in line.
- Run special according to seasonality that are on theme.
- Develop new recipes in line with concept and cuisine.
- Create Seasonal Holiday menus.
- Ensure proper receiving, storage (labeling, dating) and rotation of food products so as to comply with health department regulations.
- Check all costed recipes to ensure up to date and correct.
- Adhere to control procedures for cost and quality.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Executive Sous/Executive Chef and/or the General Manager.
- Supervise daily cleaning of walk-in boxes for safety reasons.
- Maintain vacation schedule for proper staffing.
- Reports any equipment in need of repair to chef and engineering for service.
- Performs duties as requested, such as Amenities, V.I.P. parties and staff meetings.