Posted October 7, 2019
Group Rooms Coordinator
Summary of Position:
The Group Rooms Coordinator is responsible for managing group room reservation and inventory through effective administration and attention to detail to maximize room revenue and ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Within 48 hours of receipt, inputs all group room listings by following a detailed checklist.
- Works with Director of Revenue Management to achieve optimum occupancy and revenue.
- Reviews contracts for accuracy in rates, dates, billing inventory levels, and other miscellaneous information.
- Creates and maintains complete files on all bookings reflected in Sales PMS.
- Handles all guest requests, comments, and complaints.
- Participates in weekly group pick-up meetings.
- Attend group pre-convention meetings.
- Answer reservation sales calls when volume dictates.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: Six months prior reservations or front office experience required in a full service hotel or related. Prior experience with the Springer Miller System is required.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge and ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite 2010.
- Strong working knowledge of the Springer Miller system.
- Ability to maintain consistency, diplomacy and tact in difficult or challenging situations.
- Ability to follow detailed record-keeping procedures that involve intense administration and attention to detail.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the team and guest.
- Ability to memorize and perform Grand Expectations, AAA diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Ability to use a moderately complex computer system and troubleshoot software problems.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
The Arizona Grand Resort’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create memorable experiences, inviting our guests to return. In order to be successful at Arizona Grand Resort, team members must share both our vision and our values. This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our friendly, creative, and energetic associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.