Summary of Position:
The Lead Barista Bartender is responsible for creating coffee specialty drinks and other bar/beverages, as well as selling food items, in the lobby bar, to guests in a friendly and courteous manner resulting in a HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations.
- Set up work area, brew coffee, set out food items, restock inventory items as needed.
- Maintain supply of products throughout shift.
- Greet all guests in friendly and courteous manner, enthusiastically describe available selections, prepare and serve orders.
- Input orders into POS
- Present check to guest promptly, thank them and invite them to return
- Performing check out procedures and complete paper work.
- Perform general cleaning tasks
- Maintain inventory levels in storage area
- Report equipment or guest challenges to supervisor
- Assist guests with questions
- Other tasks as assigned
Education: High School diploma preferred
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card/certification and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification
Experience: Food and beverage experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of menu items offered
- Ability to learn and make all coffees/drinks offered
- Ability to responsibly and accurately manage cash
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 lbs
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Behaves ethically and honestly
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.