Posted October 9, 2019
The Canal Club is the hottest new lobby bar and restaurant on the Scottsdale resort scene...be a part of culinary and beverage history in the making in our gorgeous, community oriented, Havana themed property!
Summary of Position:
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for providing support to the overall success of all resort Food and Beverage outlets, including The Canal Club restaurant, bar, pool, and in-room dining, in support of and report to the Director of Outlets. Priorities and responsibilities for this individual include involvement in hiring, service & standards culture and training, overall customer experience, handling and coordinating requests for large parties, quality assurance, driving revenue, and profitability of these outlets.
- ASSIT with the Interview, select, train, coach process and hold accountable all Outlet associates for HEARTfelt service and performance, adhering to a high level of standards, and efficient operation of the outlets
- Assist in driving revenues through training, consistency, attention to detail, upselling and recognition programs
- Organize and conduct pre-shift meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count, resort information, and menu highlights and changes
- Ensure daily floor coverage, support and assist in guest satisfaction
- Interact positively with customers promoting resort facilities and services
- Resolve problems BEyond expectations of involved parties.
- Answer telephones with a smile, coordinate and accurately document reservations through the Yelp reservation system.
- Work closely with the Chef de Cuisine to expedite service, hold daily pre-shift meetings, communicate with outlet associates, and service special events in the restaurant.
- Maintain rapport with all departments and attend relevant meetings.
- Move through outlets and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met.
- Verify temperatures, ensure appearance standards, and verify preparation methods are to look book standards.
- Work closely with F&B Leadership/HR to ensure all staff is trained in food safety processes.
- Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency
- Talk to guests on the floor to ensure quality of food and service standards are met and exceeded
- Develop relationships to create guest loyalty and positive GSS scoring.
- Assist in controlling payroll and costs (minimize loss and misuse).
- Utilize POS to accurately record revenue, place orders, run reports and communicate effectively.
- Ensure maintenance of equipment by calling for repairs and training staff on proper use.
- Provide clean and safe work environment by ensuring the shift opening and closing responsibilities are completed.
- Maintain cleanliness of all outlets and monitor cleanliness during the operation of these outlets.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Director of Outlets, General Manager or Owner
Education: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High School Diploma required. College degree preferred.
Experience: Position requires a minimum of 2+ years previous Food & Beverage supervisory experience; server/bartending resort experience highly preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Handler’s and Manager’s card and Arizona Title IV alcohol certification. CPR certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Demonstrated experience and accomplishment in leadership and mentorship; Superior service and training skills; computer/POS savvy; fine dining / food & beverage knowledge and passion; and ability to communicate with credibility, enthusiasm, diplomacy, personality and confidence.
- Behaves ethically, honestly, and leads with a hands-on, appreciative and detail orientated style.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and associates believe each guest should be treated with a genuine sense of appreciation, respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott, associates must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.